Class starts October 31, 2022, 10am PST.
Learn how to de-stress, manage challenging life situations, and be more productive using the Do Nothing Meditation method.
Are you feeling burned out, like a machine with no “off” switch? Do you strive so hard it’s affecting their health, relationship, and quality of life?
Are you struggling with anxiety, overwhelm, and unexpected challenges, burned out, addicted to screens, and unsure what to do next?
Are you a teacher or coach looking for a new way to help your clients manage stress?
The Do Nothing Meditation Method is not another technique to master but a way of being that makes you feel energized, calm, and excited about life. A way that’s so simple you can’t over think and that’s doable, no matter how busy you are.
I learned about the power of doing nothing, sort of by accident.
I spent a year in a small cottage on the West Coast of New Zealand, practicing do nothing meditation. I wasn’t following some grand plan. I didn’t even realize it was a meditation when I started.
I’d been sick for 10 years, unable to work, travel, or have lasting relationships. I needed a new way! (Read the story here,) The practice of “doing nothing,” had such an immediate and powerful impact I wanted to learn all I could about this fresh way of seeing myself so I did it for a year.
Your mind is a powerful ally and a dastardly foe
Your mind is one of your best assets, but if left unchecked can work you into the ground and stop you from hearing your inner wisdom.
Many people assume their amazing ideas come from their brain. The truth is, that the really great ones come through our heart; the bit of us that is connected to our intuition and all living things. The Do Nothing Meditation Method helps you tap into this part of you.
As part of the Do Nothing Meditation Method, you’ll learn The 7 Helpful Insights, presented in easy-to-grasp nuggets, to help you see behind the smoke screen your mind throws up.
The Do Nothing Meditation Method is a tool for everyone
We can all do it, and you will be able to teach it to anyone, young and old. It’s a very shareable method.
- You can’t over think it
- It’s not religious
- It requires little-to-no willpower
- Small amounts of actively doing nothing can have a big impact
- You don’t have to sit rigidly ignoring natural urges to move
- You don’t need to control your mind by focusing on just one thing (Yay!)
- No meditation experience is required; but if you are a regular meditator it’s just as powerful
In this 6-week course we’ll cover three main areas:
- Intro to Do Nothing Meditation Method: what is it, the benefits, how you do it, how it’s different from traditional meditation and mindfulness, the history of Do Nothing Meditation (I didn’t make it up), and how to use it in your life.
- The 7 Helpful Insights cover the true nature of your mind plus where does wisdom really come from.
- 1-Day Do Nothing Meditation retreat at home
PART ONE: Do Nothing Meditation and You
- What exactly is Do Nothing Meditation?
- How to do Do Nothing Meditation?
- 3 different ways to use Do Nothing Meditation in your life so you can feel calmer and more grounded
- How to use Do Nothing Meditation as a reset button for when things get too hectic
- An introduction to the 6 life-changing benefits to Do Nothing Meditation
- What sets Do Nothing Meditation apart from mindfulness and other meditation techniques
- The history of Do Nothing Meditation
- Time audit: How to find time to practice Do Nothing Meditation, no matter how busy you are
- Social Media audit:Are you using it or is it using you? Strategies for making the digital world work for you and not be a constant time and energy suck.
- Why giving yourself time to do Do Nothing Meditation is like putting your own oxygen mask on first so you can care and connect more fully with others.
PART TWO: Understanding Why Do Nothing Meditation is so Beneficial
- You’ll learn the true nature of the human mind, explained so simply that you can’t miss it or overthink it.
- Learn about the the deeper wiser part of you where all the calm feelings and wisdom you’ve ever needed reside, as well as how to get there, anytime you like.
- How to Use Do Nothing Meditation to boost creativity in all areas of your life so you can apply this to creative projects, daily life, and unexpected challenges.
- Why Do Nothing Meditation helps you get over past hurts and how to do this.
- Why Do Nothing Meditation makes you feel less anxious and worried.
PART THREE: One-day Do Nothing Meditation Retreat
- Experience a full day of Do Nothing Meditation in the privacy of your own home. This is both easy and challenging!
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Short Video Lessons : You’ll receive short 5-10 minute video lessons covering all the above topics and many more. These will be delivered via email and will be available in your account on my website.
- Six 45-minute zoom calls, Monday 10am PST
- Written notes
- Private Facebook Group: Connect with me, and others learning Do Nothing Meditation.
You’ll also receive a copy of the – The D.I.Y. Do Nothing Retreat Guidebook – a quirky 20 page ebook.
PRIVATE COACHING OPTION: If you’d like one-on-one support and the option to connect with me personally, I offer Marco Polo support for the duration of the course. Marco Polo is a video chat app where you and you can ask questions and/or share observations and I’ll respond to you personally. No one will see your messages and I will respond directly to you.
Do Nothing Meditation, 6-Week Course
Do Nothing Meditation 6-Week Course with Private Coaching
What to expect after you sign up
I’ll email you to set up a time for your first consultation.
How much time do I need for this
I’ve structured this coaching to suit the busiest person down to someone with plenty of time on their hands. Training will be via short videos. Whether you’re a mother minding a busy household or semi-retired, this is aimed at you. To complete the course you’ll need to set time aside time to do a 1-day retreat.
I’ve never used Marco Polo before. What do I need to do?
There is a Marco Polo App you can download to your phone. There is a free version and a paid version; the free version will be fine for what we’re doing. I’ve found Marco Polo to be a fabulous coaching tool: It’s easy to be yourself and say what you want to say without it taking too long, or you having to spend ages crafting an email. The flexibility of Marco Polo suits a busy, changing schedule. (When I’m not coaching I’m trying to keep up with a unicorn-obsessed 5-year old who loves jumping and making fairy houses in the dirt.)
Where do I find the video lessons?
These will be sent to you over the 6-week period. You will be able to download the audio to keep with your own records, plus you can login into your own account on my website and find them there.
How can I find out more?
Email me at Lisa @ lisaesile.com.