Have you met Dr Amy Johnson?
Amy is one of my favorite psychologists.
I spoke to her last week. We talked about all sorts, including:
- Why a lot of traditional self help can leave you feeling worse
- Anxiety—Amy shares her own personal story about how she used to have severe panic attacks and how by changing her philosophy she over came this
- Bad moods—how to see them so they’re not as unpleasant
- How to balance advice we’re given with what’s right for us
- Why our habit of looking ahead can keep us stuck and how we can stop doing this
- And lots more!
You can watch the full interview here…
You can read more about Dr Amy Johnson at her website DrAmyJohnson.com
The book I talk about in the interview is her second book, Being Human: Essays on Thoughtmares, Bouncing Back, and Your True Nature.
Amy’s work is guided by Three Principles Psychology. You can learn more about the Three Principles here.
Also … and this is very cool.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask Amy—say, about how something applies to your situation—write them below. Amy says she’s happy to come back and answer a bunch in a second interview.
PS: Erm, this is my first interview. Ever. Please excuse my fumblyness.